Thursday, September 19, 2013

H.O.G.

H.O.G.

Hand
of
God

This summer, I learned about H.O.G.s.  Not the kind you put on your breakfast table...The kind that guide and bless your life.  The Hand of God.

Melinda told me about H.O.G.s.  She said that every day she would write in her journal about how she saw the Hand of God in her life.  Her face lit up with excitement as she was telling me about this.  Her testimony of how that simple action brought her so much joy made me want to have some H.O.G.s too.

So I wrote.

It is awesome.

Recognizing the Hand of God in your life-on a daily basis-is so humbling.  You learn so much!

How excited was I, when we learned about this same thing in school????

Soooooooo excited.

How awesome that we get to talk about the Hand of God in our history lessons!  I love it.  It make me so excited to teach...and learn.

We are starting our history lessons by studying ancient history.  We started with the Premortal existence and the council Heaven.  Then the creation and Adam and Eve.  One of the things that we talked about, is how history is centered around Christ.  As we learn about history, we get to look for the Hand of God in our lessons.  Not only are we going to be doing this with our school lessons, but with our own lives as well.







I made some bookmarks.

I love this story:

"When our children were very small, I started to write down a few things
about what happened every day. I never missed a day no matter how tired I
was or how early I would have to start the next day. Before I would write, I
would ponder this question: ‘Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to
touch us or our children or our family today?’ As I kept at it, something
began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see
evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in
the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I
realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had
done.
More than gratitude began to grow in my heart. Testimony grew. I became
ever more certain that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. I felt
more gratitude for the softening and refining that come because of the
Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ. And I grew more confident that the
Holy Ghost can bring all things to our remembrance—even things we did
not notice or pay attention to when they happened" (Henry B. Eyring,
“How to See and Remember God’s Kindness,” Ensign, Nov. 2007, 66-69).

I made these for the kids.




Everyday, either morning or night, they get out their clipboards (I'll talk about those another day) and write or draw their H.O.G.s.

I have another idea brewing in my noggin' for these H.O.G.s, so keep watching.  I think you will like it.

This lesson is from Latter-day Learning: Family School, History, Year 1, Lesson 3.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post!! Melinda would be excited too. I have to show her this. I love looking for how your life is touched by the "Hand of God" each day. That pretty much changes how you see all things. Thanks so much for sharing this. I tried to print your bookmarks, but they would only print huge for me. And for some reason I can't see what you made for the kids. It says I need permission or something like that. What did you make??? Did you intend for us to be able to copy the bookmarks? Would love to! They are cool. Love your school curriculum that includes something as amazing as this for the kids. Love you all!! (I have no idea why this prints my comment 2 times. It makes me sign in instead of just posting my comment and then it publishes it twice. Gotta figure that one out.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this post!! Melinda would be excited too. I have to show her this. I love looking for how your life is touched by the "Hand of God" each day. That pretty much changes how you see all things. Thanks so much for sharing this. I tried to print your bookmarks, but they would only print huge for me. And for some reason I can't see what you made for the kids. It says I need permission or something like that. What did you make??? Did you intend for us to be able to copy the bookmarks? Would love to! They are cool. Love your school curriculum that includes something as amazing as this for the kids. Love you all!! (I have no idea why this prints my comment 2 times. It makes me sign in instead of just posting my comment and then it publishes it twice. Gotta figure that one out.)

    ReplyDelete