Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Calluses

I have been doing a lot of doodling and drawing.
As a result,
I have new calluses on my fingers.
For real.
I've been holding back on something exciting.
Well, it is for me.
I can still hardly believe it.



Any ideas?

You know how I usually share handouts that I have made for The Family School?
And I haven't for a really long time....

Well...
to make a long story short,
I am now a part of The Family School team!

I'm totally serious!
I know.
Why me?

I am sooo not qualified.
But, I will be.
I promise.
I work really hard.
And I learn really quickly.
Apparently, they are okay with my lack of credentials.

Lucky me!!!

So, I am in UT to meet the team.
Get things figured out.
And create awesome handouts.

What????
Can you tell I'm still processing this?
Get this.
As I create clip art for these handouts,
I will be adding them to my TPT store.
Cool.

So, this is a big deal.
Last week I got to meet my fellow handout makers.
Again, cool!
They are going to be a blast to work with.
Get this.
There are only 2 of them!!!
Again, what???
How do they get all of that work done?

Another big deal.
Yesterday I had the privilege of meeting the authors of The Family School!!
Again, sooo cool!
If you are doing The Family School, you are in really good hands.
These women are incredible!!!
And that is an understatement.
They really do seek the Lord's help in creating their lessons.
You can feel their passion in doing this for us!!

The entire team is dedicated to making The Family School the best that it can be.
They are even in the tiny details like naming levels.
There is Leland (the principle guy), Peter (the business guy, and the "I can't believe he hired me" guy), Don (the tech guy) and I'm sure more "guys" than  I have met.

People.
You are in good hands.

I have probably overused the exclamation mark.
I just can't help it.
I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. "I am sooo not qualified."
    Getoudahere! Your credentials:
    1. true artistic talent.
    2. Years of drawing experience.
    3. Years of home schooling where you've learned what works and doesn't for kids to learn.
    4. Lots of hand-out-making experience (if I was hiring for that...verrrrry hard to find!)
    5. Have created actual products for sale.
    6. Others have bought your products.
    And all that's just off the top of my head.
    Actually I'm really jealous of your drawing talents. But even more proud of my girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add: smart and a really great work ethic. Both haarrrrrd to find. I've hired a lot...I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE Family School and feel it is an answer to prayer for our homeschool. Such exciting things happening with it. Looking forward to all that is coming ahead.
    (I found your blog via a post someone on the forum made in reference to your literature bookmarks, so I browsed around and found this post). Exciting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have felt the spirit of the amazing program in Family School through you!! Now I really know how inspired it is because they recognize talent, passion, a willingness to do what it takes when they made you a part of the team!! Not to mention how inspiring the curriculum is!! We are all soooooooooooooooo excited for you and know it will be a blessing for many families!! Congratulations!!! Way to go!!!! That is fantastic you are able to meet the team in person. Can't wait to see all the growth you experience through this opportunity!! Yahoo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! What a great opportunity--so lucky to get to "work" doing something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so awesome that you're doing this. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete