Thursday, November 14, 2013

Doodling

I'm a doodler.
I always have been.
While taking notes at school.
I doodle.
While listening to a talk.
I doodle.
While writing in my journal.
I doodle.

I know something is really important to me if it has a lot of doodles with it.

Likewise, I know something was really boring if it there are a lot of doodles.

That being said,
I think everyone should have a chance to doodle.

As I was giving a lesson during Family School, I saw my two youngest getting a little restless.  I completely understand that.  Some of the things we learn are challenging for them.  But I love that we are together so I don't want to send them to another room.  So I had a thought.  When I was in school, I doodled.  Why not find a way for them to doodle while I teach?  Then, perhaps they will be able to listen a little better, or if nothing else, they will not distract the older two.

This is what I came up with.




And guess what?
It worked!
Not only did they sit quietly through the entire lesson,
but they also actually heard what I said and learned something!

I also made sea life creatures.

You can check it out at my TPT store.



They are begging me for more, so be on the look out for more "Doodle and Draw" creations.

I also put up some doodle frames and some more free clip art.  So go on over there and see what you think.

Thanks!

Have an "aimless daze"!




4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Doodling will create more visual and spatial skills while they're learning too! I read somewhere that eating after you've been learning helps you to remember. I wonder if drawing while you're learning will help you to remember too -- I'll bet it does!

    Love to all your doodlers! XXX OOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm so glad you're putting all of your amazing talent to great use! :) I wish we lived closer so we could have homeschool get togethers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought these on Teachers Pay Teachers and I love them!! I am excited to draw myself and let my grandchildren have fun with them. I absolutely love being able to support you in your new endeavors and get to take advantage of your talents. Your talent is fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Doodle and Draw charts! I am buying some tomorrow when it's not Sunday:) It makes it more fun that their Auntie designed it and not some stranger they don't know! Ha!

    ReplyDelete